Turning of the Page

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Falling... A Way

So goes the trickling
   along the walls
   around the edges
   over the rocks
           the twigs
           the tree trunks
bursting from the Earth
     dirt dangling
      scent of forest floor
               fills the senses
      digging its way back
to a time     in this place     years before
     stopping along the roadside
          walking down
          the loose gravely incline
               that led to the water's edge
               where it flowed through the culvert
                            under the road
                and       into the river
Picking my way across the rocks
as the water worked to cause me to lose my balance
trying to get me to tumble in
     and      force me to be drenched in shame
I find my way to the other side and begin my ascent to the water fall at the top
I grab at limbs
     push each footstep firmly down
     pulling and climbing the precarious pathway
knowing that there is a tranquil pool at the top
knowing that the gentle trickling that I hear is there not here
     not at the bottom
     not in this gloom covered by a canopy of conifers
and      a landscape of up rooted and totted remains
     Slip...slide...grab...good save
The mist from the rush of the water sprinkles the ground
Being sure footed is not a sure thing
     The mind is not able to lose itself and wander over the dreadful beauty of the wonder of nature
     On task, focus, every step...
     assist as the ascent ends
     and      a cold pool of pain pleasures
                with possibilities that my life still harbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment